Win big and start a career in x-ray technology. You might not realize it, but Nevada is the sixth highest paying state for x-ray technicians. With a job growth rate faster than average, it doesn’t matter if you make your home in popular Las Vegas, Reno or even near Lake Tahoe you’re likely to find rewarding opportunities wherever you are in Nevada. X-Ray Technician schools in Nevada are currently enrolling new students interested in pursuing a career in radiology.
Do you have a day job? Does your schedule keep you from keeping a traditional school schedule? There are also great online learning options for students residing in Nevada as well, so use the list below to make your education choices and you could one day find yourself striking gold in the Silver State!
As a Nevada radiologist, you will:
- Use and maintain specialized x-ray equipment
- Generate radiographic images of internal structures
- Use images to diagnose a variety of medical conditions
- Ensure patients’ safety and comfort
Some career figures for X-Ray Technology professionals in Nevada:
- Average annual salary: $66,340
- Currently employed: 1,510
- Employment outlook: 28% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nevada X-Ray Technician Schools & Training Programs